Exploring the Wonders of Wildlife at Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
Tampa, Florida, known for its beautiful beaches and diverse cultural offerings, is also home to a captivating wildlife destination: the Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo. Nestled along the banks of the Hillsborough River, this zoo is a sanctuary for animals from around the world, offering visitors a chance to connect with nature and learn about conservation efforts. In this article, we will provide you with essential information about the Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo, including its address, operating hours, phone number, website, and main attractions.
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is located at:
1101 W. Sligh Ave.,
Tampa, FL 33604
The zoo operates throughout the year but may have varying hours during holidays and special events. Generally, the standard operating hours are as follows:
- Monday to Sunday: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
For inquiries or assistance, you can reach the Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo at (813) 935-8552.
For detailed information about the zoo, including ticket prices, events, and educational programs, visit their official website: Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
- Manatee Critical Care Center: As part of its commitment to wildlife conservation, the zoo hosts a Manatee Critical Care Center where injured and sick manatees are rehabilitated before their release back into the wild.
- Wallaroo Station: This family-friendly area is a hit with kids and their parents. It features hands-on exhibits, a petting zoo, and opportunities to interact with animals like kangaroos and wallabies.
- Safari Africa: This immersive exhibit transports visitors to the heart of Africa. You can observe majestic elephants, zebras, giraffes, and other African wildlife in a beautifully recreated natural habitat.
- Primate World: Home to a variety of primates, Primate World offers an opportunity to observe gorillas, orangutans, and other endangered species up close while learning about their natural behaviors.
- Florida Boardwalk: Explore the rich biodiversity of Florida's wetlands and coastal ecosystems. Encounter native animals like alligators, roseate spoonbills, and more in their natural habitat.
- Reeves' Muntjac: Witness these fascinating small deer species in a serene, forested environment that mimics their native habitats.
- Roaring Springs: A thrilling water ride that combines adventure and education, Roaring Springs features stunning waterfalls, lush greenery, and even a chance to cool off on a hot Florida day.
- The Lorikeet Landing: A favorite among visitors, this interactive aviary allows you to hand-feed colorful lorikeets and observe these friendly birds up close.
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is not just a place to see exotic animals; it's an educational institution committed to wildlife conservation and the responsible stewardship of our planet's precious creatures. Whether you're a local resident or a visitor to the Tampa Bay area, the zoo provides a unique opportunity to connect with the natural world and learn about the diverse ecosystems that make up our planet. So, if you're looking for an exciting and educational outing in Tampa, head to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo, where the wonders of wildlife await.